site meter

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful

Making a list of ten things I was thankful for took more effort than I had originally thought it would.  Some things I thought of were too obvious and vague, like I am thankful to be alive, and I am thankful for my family.  Others were too corny like I am thankful for material things like shoes. And others did not quite make sense without a long, long, long explanation. So, after some thought this is the list I came up with for the ten things I have been thankful for this last year:

1. I am thankful for being me
2. In this economy, I am thankful to have a job.
3. I am thankful to have the opportunity to have a higher education.
4. I am thankful for ice cream.
5. I am thankful for my car.
6. I am thankful for music.
7. I am thankful for my grandpa.
8. I am thankful for my mom.
9. I am thankful for holidays, such as Thanksgiving, not just because it brings families together, but because classes are canceled.
10. As cheesy as this may sound, I am thankful for my boyfriend.

These are in no particular order and some may seem a little ridiculous, such as being thankful for ice cream.  And so I will explain why I am thankful ice cream.

First, not only is it one of the most delicious foods in the world, it also plays a major role in my life.  Ice cream cheers me up when I am down.  It is a reason to spend time with a friend or family member.  To me ice cream just makes the world so much brighter.  On rainy days when I'm all down, because to me winter is the worst, a bowl of ice cream makes my world go round because it is a little piece of summer I can have all year.

Even more so, I'm thankful for ice cream because I can have it any way I like.  Perhaps if I tire of chocolate ice cream, there is always vanilla.  And perhaps if vanilla seems a little bland there is a million and one toppings to make it just the way I like.

Even though ice cream to me is the cherry on top practically every day, there is some in my life even more important and that I am even more thankful for.  He is my boyfriend, Robbie Ford.

While we have not been dating but a year, I feel like we have known each other for ever.  We are completely compatible and I enjoy spending every minute I possibly can with him.

He accepts me even with all my faults and reminds me everyday how wonderful I am, and how important I am to him.  I know that not everyone has been blesseed to have that special someone in thier life, and that some people spend a lifetime searching for them.  Therefore, I am forever grateful that I have found that special someone that I can spend my whole life with.

While there are times when we disagree, and argue about silly things, I still could not imagine my life without him.  He provides solidity, consistency, and happiness in my life.  And according him I apparently do the same for him. 

Life without love is not a way to live at all.  Even if you do not have that special someone in your life that makes life worth living, we all have family and friends that love us for who we are as well, and that makes life worth living too.

This year I am also thankful for family, but more specifically my mother.  In the past few years we have had our up and downs.  But fortunately this last year we have bonded more than ever, and have that mother and daughter relationship I have heard other people talk about. 

She has been very supportive of all my decisions this year, and i could thank her enough.  And to make my life a little sweeter, on top of all the ice cream I consume, she has helped me with things I do not like to make time for such as doing my laundry.  It is absolutely fantastic to come home not only to a hug, but to also have all your laundry washed and folded.  And sometimes I even get dinner too!

I could probably go on for pages about why I am thankful for the people and things I have in my life, but I think this is a good place to end, because I think it is more important to tell the people you love that you are thankful for them rather than writing about it.

Happy Thanksgiving <3  and Turkey Day too :P

No comments:

Post a Comment