site meter

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Two Fat Ladies on One Ridiculous Show

It was Saturday night.  While my boyfriend was at work I was having dinner with his parents.  As we were finishing dinner they told me about the show they like to watch at 11pm on Saturday nights, Two Fat Ladies.  And so, as 11pm came 'round I watched it with them, and I can hardly put into words what I saw.

Starring Jennifer Paterson and Clarissa Dickson Wright, this British cooking show knocks socks off.  The show has little value itself unless you are searching to learn how to make a traditional British dish.  Otherwise this show is one you watch to make fun of and laugh at, and I sure did.

Between the British accents and dialect every word the two ladies say is incomprehensible.  Making of the way they talk is just one direction of many you can choose to go.

As you can see from the picture, ladies indeed they were.  Well, plump and wrinkly ladies that is.  They are not necessarily photogenic and this of course adds humor for the viewer watching the show. Furthermore, these ladies dress in the most ridiculous outfits, then again this was recorded in the late 1990's.  Maybe I should not judge them as much as I should the time period.

"They are simply spectacular. In this British television series, Jennifer Paterson and Clarissa Dickson Wright cook for lunch, cocktail party, afternoon tea, picnic, breakfast, or dinner and travel (by motorcycle and sidecar) to a different location in each episode to cook a requested meal--usually laden with cream, butter, and meats," said Jenny Brown in an Amazon.com review.

Also, the glasses  Jennifer Paterson wears are so ridiculous.  The two lens together are bigger than her whole face.  While watching the show I had trouble deciding whether or not to look at her or her glasses when she spoke. 

"If I had to describe the Two Fat Ladies cooking series in one word, that word would be addicting, said Carroll Pellegrinelli, About.com. 

I am not addicted to the show...yet.  But I do look forward to watching the reruns of the show on Food Network. 

1 comment:

  1. Short is it, but not dramatically so. Not enough to give me a headache anyway.

    Good choice of critics.

    Fleshing it out is needed however... without gaining too much weight.

    ReplyDelete